Hi! I’m Sheree Inglis (pronounced Ingles … yep, I’ll be explaining that one for the rest of my life!). Yoga Teacher + Reiki Healer. Wife, step-mum & fur mum 😻😻. I’m an Introvert by nature and an Empath who loves coffee, red wine, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (…. don’t judge me!) & I’m a HUGE animal lover.
In early 2019, I quit a Corporate Regional Manager role in a firm I’d worked at for 17 years to become a full-time Yoga Teacher. Why? Because I am passionate about changing your life through yoga, the same way it has changed mine.
Did I ever think I’d be doing this as a career? Never in a MILLION years! But I decided to follow my heart and my calling to live a more simplified, meaningful life and this ‘job’ has by far been the most rewarding one I’ve ever had ❤
At the start of 2020, I commenced my Reiki trainings and becoming a Reiki Healer has hugely enhanced my yoga teaching and my life. This beautiful, natural therapy perfectly compliments yoga so I can help improve your wellbeing, both on the table + on the mat.
A teacher is always a student so here are my qualifications so far (just so you know you’re in good, qualified hands!):
● 350hr Diploma of Hatha Yoga – Sally Louise Yoga
● 100hr Yin Yoga Post Graduate Certificate – Sally Louise Yoga
● Post Graduate Yoga Teacher Training Master Class Series – Sally Louise Yoga
● EMM-Tech Training (Emmett Technique – Easy Muscle Management)
● Reiki Level I, Level II & Level III (Reiki Mastership) – Melanie Robinson Master Healer
● Working with Children Check
● Member of IICT (International Institute for Complementary Therapists)
WHERE ARE YOGA CLASSES HELD?
Classes are held in the Overland Room at the Stawell Railway Station Gallery, 2-10 Napier Street, Stawell. The Gallery is situated to the right of the Stawell Railway Station and there is plenty of parking available. We have the sole use of the Gallery for classes meaning you have complete privacy and security while you practice. There is also a toilet and area to change if you need to before class. I recommend you arrive at least 5 minutes before class starts to get yourself settled. The Gallery door is closed 5 minutes after class starts (or once all registered students have arrived) so if you are not in by then, you will miss out.
WHAT TYPE OF YOGA/CLASSES DO YOU TEACH?
Grampians Wellbeing Gallery classes are Hatha Yoga classes incorporating asana (poses), pranayama (breathing) and savasana (the best bit at the end of each class where you lie down for mediation / relaxation!).
↠ RISE MORNING YOGA: 6.30am to 7.30am Tuesdays
Start your day right with breath, movement and rest. Rise Morning Yoga is a full spectrum General Yoga class which includes seated, standing & laying poses. We start our practice with pranayama/breathwork. We then warm up before moving into the standing portion of our practice to get our blood and energy pumping around our body. We end with a few juicy, longer-held floor poses, before sinking into savasana.
↠ RESTORE YIN YOGA: 5.45pm to 6.45pm Tuesdays
Your weekly reset! This is a restorative Yin Yoga class which is a very slow, floor based (no standing poses) practice. We start with pranayama/breathwork and after warming up, we move into held poses. We do this with the support of a yoga bolster (or alternative) to affect the deep connective tissues of our body. This assists with flexibility & helps keep our muscles healthy & happy. This class is not only deeply restorative for your body, but for your mind as well. Lets yourself slip into calm and stillness as you take some time out to restore, reset and replenish your energy. *Bolster (or alternative) required.
↠ FLOW GENERAL YOGA: 5.45pm to 6.45pm Wednesdays
Flow is your evening General Yoga class which includes seated, standing & laying poses. It starts with pranayama/breathwork, moving onto warming up before getting into the body of our practice. We then come down to the floor for some longer-held poses to really stretch out and lengthen tight muscles, before finishing off our practice with savasana.
GENERAL CLASS INFO:
- Wear comfortable clothing that will allow you to move easily. Yoga doesn’t care what brand you wear & neither do I!
- We practice yoga barefoot but make sure you have socks handy to keep your feet warm during savasana … unless of course it’s a stinking hot day!
- Avoid heavy meals for the 2 hours prior to your practice. The last thing you want is an uneasy feeling in your tummy during your practice!
- Switch your phone off or to silent before your practice. Remember, this is YOUR time. You don’t need to be interrupted … & neither does anyone else enjoying the class.
- Yoga helps build strength & flexibility by practicing & progressing at YOUR level. It is important to honour your body & where it is at on any given day.
- Leave your ego at the door & listen to your body. This is your practice. Don’t worry about what anyone else is doing.
- Block alternatives: Firm pillow, folded towel or blanket or books.
- Strap alternatives: Robe tie, belt, scarf or towel.
- Bolster alternative: 2 firm bed pillows.
- Don’t forget any layers you might need to be comfortable & of course your Grampians Wellbeing Eye Pillow to block out the world during savasana!
DO I HAVE TO BE VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19?
In line with Government regulations, students & clients must show proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of entry into any Gallery yoga class, private yoga, reiki or wellbeing session.
DO I HAVE TO BE SPIRITUAL TO RECEIVE REIKI?
No, not at all! You just have to be open to receiving the reiki energy into your body. Check out my Reiki page for more information about what to expect from a Reiki session.
Yes I do – please click here to view it.